□ Duration & Location of Programme
○ One week at the WCO Headquarters (7 to 11 October 2019)
○ Six weeks at the RCL in the Republic of Korea (14 October to 21 November 2019)
□ Number of trainees
○ 3 officials (Azerbaijan, Nepal, Thailand)
○ The aims of this programme are that participants should :
- obtain and update knowledge and skills in the chemical analysis of samples for HS classification purposes at the WCO Regional Customs Laboratory (RCL) in the Republic of Korea
- gain knowledge and skills, especially regarding the implementation of new technologies and techniques as well as the use of sophisticated equipment in the RCL
□ Completion of Korea RCL Programme
○ The trainees were given an opportunity of increasing knowledge of korea customs’ operations other than laboratory work in order to understand the relationship among the Customs laboratory
○ The CCL believes that the training of this programme would help all the trainees get ideas and tips for resolving their laboratories’ challenges including ensuring and facilitating proper HS classification.
○ It is also expected that the training would promote technical interchanges between Customs laboratories and could therefore serve as a catalyst for constructing a network among Customs laboratories at the global level.
○ We, Central Customs Laboratory of Korea, would like to continue to contribute Members Capacity Building in the field of Customs Laboratory, through playing an important role of the Regional Customs Laboratory(RCL).
※ For more details, Please refer to the following web-site(www.wcoomd.org)